"You could sit through a month of fiction films and not come across a character half as interesting as Robina Courtin"
- Jake Wilson, Urban Cinefile
"A bracing and surprisingly stylish documentary
- Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"In his inspired first documentary, Courtin-Wilson provides an intimate portrait of a unique individual whose own search for inner peace helps guide others to transcend their arduous circumstances."
- Rebecca Yeldham, Sundance Film Festival
"An intimate portrait of one woman's relentless search for inner peace."
- The Cinematic Intelligence Agency
"Directed with passion, love, and devotion ... we are treated to a rare individual."
- Dennis Schwartz, Ozus’s World Movie Reviews
"A woman who will never conform and is the more inspiring because of it."
- Joyce Morgan, The Sydney Morning Herald
"In a packed 51 minutes, the extraordinary life of this irrepressible dynamo unfolds."
- Mandala Magazine
"Guaranteed to shake any preconceptions one might have about the religious life, asceticism, or indeed Buddhist nuns ... A fascinating film."
- Julie Rigg, Radio National, Arts Today
"Robina Courtin's journey from radical political activist to radical Buddhist nun is a fascinating one. Her frank admissions about the attraction of spending time with condemned men attempting to control their crazed energy reveal what makes this offbeat woman tick and neatly draws in the strands of her colourful life prior to her conversion."
- Richard Kuipers, Urban Cinefile
"If you think of Buddhist nuns (and monks) as meek and mild souls, lacking in personality, Chasing Buddha should put that notion to rest once and for all."
- Stephen Groenewegen, eFilmCritic.com